photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Autumn Song

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Autumn Song


 
 
 
What I Wore
 
For a College Visit
 
Shirt - Banana Republic/Jeans - Forever 21/Jacket - Acorn/Shoes - Toms
Watch - MK/Bracelet - Target/Earrings - Local Boutique
 
 



Today was one of those lovely Autumn days where it was almost impossible to know how to dress.  I had to be out of the house by 6:30 AM, drive North for 3 hours and not get home until after 6:00 PM.  So, when the weather at 6:30 AM is a comfortable 61 degrees, but the weather where you are heading is supposed to hit the 80's, and you are going to be outside as much as inside, it is necessary to be prepared.  I debated for a long time on what to wear today - as my bedroom will show. I pulled out cardigans, short sleeved peplum tops, long sleeves that could be rolled, t-shirts, etc.  I finally stopped with this top, because it is one of my favorites for comfort.  I figured a  light-weight jacket would help if the temperatures didn't climb into the 80's, or for the air-conditioned car and buildings, but I had the option of just wearing the shirt and still being happy with my look.  In the end, this was a good choice and it may not have been the most cutting edge style-wise, but a look I was happy with.  How do you dress for a long day with temperature fluctuations expected?

pleated poppy

2 comments:

  1. I think that (as usual) you dressed perfectly for the event! I adore fall... but hate dressing in a scarf in the morning and sweating in the afternoon! I need to become better at layering. Really love the BR shirt. You did great!!! xoxo jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules! As much as I love fall, it does seem funny that today I have the air conditioning on and last week it was the heat!

      Delete