photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: A Day in the Life

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Day in the Life


 
What I Wore
 
To Participate in a Research Study
 
Sweater - Gap/Top - Target/Pants - Bullhead (Thrifted)
Scarf - (Thrifted)/Shoes - (Thrifted)/Earrings - Forever 21/Watch - MK/Tote - (Thrifted)
 
 
 



A few years ago, when I was a stay-at-home, homeschooling Mom, a friend told me about a fun and easy way to make some extra spending money - doing research studies.  I live in an area where a large retail product-maker is based, so a whole industry of product research is also located here.  When I had more free time, I would participate in any study I could, giving my opinions on makeup, laundry products, home fresheners, etc.  I liked the flexibility, and the variety of studies, but, I think my favorite thing about participating was the feeling that I was actually helping to develop products for others to enjoy.  Now that I work full-time, I usually pass when I am offered a study, but I got a call to do one this week, it worked with my quirky work schedule, and so I agreed to participate.  Have you ever done any research study or been a part of giving your opinions to help others (like the Nielsen families)?



pleated poppy

10 comments:

  1. Cute polka dot top! I've never done any research studies. Sounds interesting though...and a good way to earn some extra dough!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you in all your thrifty goodness! And those shoes.... you are (as usual) adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to get the purple shoes when I saw them, and they are soooo comfy too!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love your purple shoes. They are just too adorable Sara :-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    PS: you still have your word verification on :-) Maybe you can turn it off, so I dont have to type it in all the time I leave a comment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ani! I turned the word verification off - glad you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this whole look - and seriously that bag is too fab!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! When I saw the bag, I couldn't grab it fast enough!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Neris! Purple is one of my new fall favorite colors!

      Delete