photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Take Five

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Take Five





What I Wore

Top - Old Navy/Pants - Lily Pulitzer (Thrifted)/Shoes - Target
Necklaces - Gifted and Forever 21/Watch - MK/Bracelet - Michael's



 "You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with" Jim Rohn

This famous saying by a motivational speaker is something I have been wondering about lately. Our self-esteem, our way of thinking, the decisions we make, all are influenced by those around us, according to this way of thinking.  How successful you are in your personal and professional life is determined by the people you spend the most time with.  It doesn't matter how smart you are, how skilled, where you were born, or the family you came from if you want to be successful.  What matters is the people who you are surrounded by. So, as I said, I have been thinking about this quote.  I know that as a parent I want my kids to surround themselves with people that are going to be good influences. I prefer to be around positive people because I feel more positive after being around them.  So, is it true that by choosing who you spend your time with, you can shape your future?  What do you think about this quote?  Do you try to surround yourself with people you want to be like?

9 comments:

  1. I always try to surround myself with like minded people. Time is precious don't waste it pretending :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we were neighbors ... I would love hanging out with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Glenda - I'd love to have a cup of coffee with you! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprisingly, I have been thinking about it for a few days now as well. It was some TED Talk that planted this thought it me, and I have been actively looking to find someone that can truly challenge me and my limits - in a good way. Mentor is the word that comes to mind..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfit! The T and the shoes are my faves. I'm following you via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I found you over at Mom's Monday Mingle link party. I'm your newest gfc follower and would love a follow back at gloriouslymade.blogspot.com.
    Have a great day,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I get older I realize that the time I have left here on this earth is precious, I hope I have lots of time left but who knows. I am spending more time around positive people and limiting the time I spend with those who drain positive energy from me but give nothing back in return. As for your outfit I love your shoes and necklaces.

    Barbara @ allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, you look lovely in your very trim looking shirt ... love the shoe choice with your very pretty, summery slacks.
    Regarding your question ... I find it increasingly difficult here in this remote area to have ANY choices about my social contacts. I don't really fit in here, so most of my social life is on line. Sad, but at least on line, I have choices and can make contact with women who think and talk about some of the things I do.
    Clearly there are always choices in life, but often there are no good choices ... just the lesser of bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that monogram necklace! Surrounding yourself with inspiring people is never a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete