photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Second Hand Rose

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Second Hand Rose


What I Wore

Dinner at our favorite "go to" local restaurant

Sweater - (Thrifted)/Shirt - Nordstrom  /Jeans - Chico's/Scarf - (Thrifted)/Watch - MK



Confession time.  I wore this outfit almost a month ago.  There was no snow on the ground.  In fact we were having lovely temperatures for December in Ohio.  So, why didn't I post before?  The same reason I am debating whether I really want to hit publish now.  I don't like something about the photos.  I'm not sure if it is the outfit I am wearing, the awfulness that was (and unfortunately continues to still be) the result of my misadventures at the hair salon, or my lack of that "POP".  I keep thinking I am not going to post because surely no one will see anything worth commenting on (except in their own minds...'What WAS she thinking?!').  But I keep thinking how I want to share the fact that I found this scarf at a thrift store for $4 right after I had told my husband how I really wanted a blue floral scarf.  I want to share that it is hard to smile with a genuine smile every time a photo is taken.  I want to share that even though I like the light pink lipcolor I was wearing, it just doesn't do anything for me!  Now, tell me, do you have an outfit that you are still not so sure you want to post on your blog?  If so, have I convinced you to post it, or have I convinced you never to post it?! :)

By the way, I got my inspiration for this outfit from a fellow blogger, Alison, when she posted here on her website Get Your Pretty On - but she looks so much cuter! 

8 comments:

  1. I love the outfit! Although I can't pull off the stripes. I am tooo short & chunky for that! But the scarf & the sweater ... love love.
    You got me thinking I need to head out to a thrift store this weekend! I keep saying that I am going to print out one of those cute outfit idea boards on Pinter*est and head out on a Pinter*st Scavenger Hunt!!
    And.... I like your hair! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! But then again, I might be a just a tad bit partial. :) Stripes and floral were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to your thoughts...I always am in doubt to post a particular outfit shots..even I am flooding with outfits posts right now and that too are from last year summer :D
    You look very smart in this outfit.Loved that sweater.

    Have an awesome year ahead!
    Love,

    Bong's Belleza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweater but I doubt that would fit me---story of my life! I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog earlier and for following. I am already a follower on your GFC from awhile back. Thanks for sharing and I hope we get to visit again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara--I thought I had joined your site but I just checked and now it's not letting me in! I just subscribed instead under the name marciakesterdoyle and it looks like it went through. I look froward to getting updates from you!

      Delete
    2. Yay! I was finally able to get through on your GFC and now I'm following you there. Do you have a Facebook page for your blog? Send me the link if you do. I saw your name on my "likes" list and would be happy to return the favor if you have a page. Also following you back on Pinterest!

      Delete
  5. love love mixing prints.. like the scarf a lot..


    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is reassuring as a blogger also that I am not the only one with insecurities, honesty is refreshing! It can only help grow our confidence to know that it really is not as bad as one might think! All said and done though, I think that your look great in your outfit.

    That scarf is very pretty though, I absolutely love it when I happen to find the one random item I really want.

    ReplyDelete