photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Youth of the Nation

Friday, April 12, 2013

Youth of the Nation


What I Wore

Top - Old Navy (Thrifted)/Camisole - Target/Jeans  - Gsp
Sandals - (Thrifted)/Necklace - Gift/Earrings - Burlington Coat Factory



I was watching a report about an actress suing one of my favorite websites (IMDb) because they revealed her true age.   It made me wonder how many people are representing their birth year as something other than what it really is.  I then thought about how people dress and how it reflects their age - or not.  There are things I wear that I know my own mom would never have worn at my age.  I admit I do shop in multiple areas in a department store, and even if my age is way past junior, I will still find cute things in that department.  I do have curves in places that some items will not accommodate, and sometimes find that the sizing is so different that I feel like I need to immediately lose 10 pounds. But, if I can get past the size marked on the label, I can find trendy things that I don't want to spend a high price on.  Do you feel that there are certain things no one should wear once they are past 30 or 40?  What about when they are past 50 or 60?

3 comments:

  1. Yep, even though, I'd like to wear something, I don't. After 60 (ouch) you should dress classy not real trendy according to teenagers. I don't feel or look 60 but should dress according, not a granny dress, just with class. Thank you for sharing.

    Consider yourself hugged,
    http://simpleesue.com/honduras-missions-small-family-gardens/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the hop. I love that orange sweater- totally suits you. I'd love to see a photo catching you with a legit smile. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sweater color!
    I would love for you to stop by my page too and hopefully you support me by following me! I can't wait for your next post.Thanks
    www.be-youtifull.com.

    ps: ShillCat Women's Accessories is given away an amazing jewelry. Take a look at this link:
    http://www.be-youtifull.com/2013/04/a-few-of-my-favorite-pieces-from_13.html

    ReplyDelete