photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Stars and Stripes Forever

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Stars and Stripes Forever



What I Wore

To The Grocery Store

Top - Forever 21/Pants - Forever 21/Shoes - KMart
Purse - (Thrifted)/Watch - MK/Necklaces - Gifted and Forever 21/Earrings - Forever 21





Striped tops are one of my weaknesses.  I have more than a few striped tops in my closet (and even a few other striped tops that I got at Forever 21) but for some reason when I saw this striped top hanging in the store, I had to go ahead and get it.  I don't know what it is about stripes, but there is definitely something that makes them easy to wear with just about anything.  You want to wear a solid color - of course, put some stripes with it.  You want to wear camouflage - well, yes that works with stripes. You are wanting to wear florals - believe it or not, yes stripes will work then too.  Stripes can give an outfit more interest, can come in different widths, can be horizontal or vertical and simply put, stripes are timeless.  With so many choices of different types of patterns available, I don't only wear stripes, but I love the fact that I can count on stripes to come to my rescue when I want something that will give a little extra kick to an outfit.  Do you have a favorite go-to pattern?

9 comments:

  1. You and my daughter and your stripes!!! She's the same way... she'll try to resist, but something about stripes. For me it's solids. I adore texture, but not patterns. Hmmm, my post is a stark white dress, come to think of it! I like to use my clothes as the backdrop I think!!!
    LOVE your outfit and the mix of leopard and stripes :)
    XO ~Kim @ popcosmo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall the Wi - Fi perfоrmed up tο pаr with
    other 802. ӏt is a goοԁ place to sit for a
    whіle аfter long hours of strolling іnside уour business еstablishmеnt.
    When we decіded to buу we loοkеd at оur mοney and deсiԁeԁ what ωe could affoгԁ fоr ouг home, thіs is еasy to fіgure оut but
    a book οn first timе hοmе buying is always a good
    ideа.

    my blog: http://wiki.minimoto.es/index.php/Index.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stripe tops too and this is my favourite way to style them; with red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black white stripes and red together! The anchor necklace is so cool! BTW, dropping in via Shanna's link up! Hop on to my blog whenever you have time! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog
    Enter $30 international giveaway by Chicnova

    ReplyDelete
  5. i noticed today i have 2 striped shirts that are nearly the same. stripe overload. i can't get enough either :) thanks for linking up with dress for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love nautical/patriotic looks. I am dying over those necklaces.


    Aubree
    lookfeelbebest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to go reach for polka dots for spring/summer. Love the necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a classy look, Sara. Love how the purse ties it together...Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete