photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Changes

Monday, June 3, 2013

Changes



What I Wore

Playoff game

Tshirt -  Hanes brand /Jeans - Gap/Shoes - Khenri
Watch - MK/Bracelet - Michaels/Necklace - Gift/Earrings - Forever 21



When my son's baseball team won the District Championship, t-shirts were ordered to be worn for the next game.  The night before that game, I picked up a dull gray t-shirt.  I was bummed that instead of a cute ladies tee, I had a man's crewneck with an unclear reference to a random thing said by the team's coach.  I was going to pass on wearing the same shirt as everyone else who ordered one, and just wear team colors like I usually do.  However, instead I decided to "cute i fy" the ugly shirt. (Yes, I made up that word just now.)  So, I grabbed the scissors, a ruler and a permanent marker.  (Unfortunately, I didn't grab my camera to do step-by-step instructions. Here is a good video that explains what I did - Make a CuteTShirt Out of Ugly Tshirt ) Since the sleeves were still just looking plain ole U-G-L-Y, I took a sparkly silver ribbon and tied them up with a bow.  I received a lot of compliments and now I am looking forward to making alterations to other tees that I haven't wanted to wear!  What about you? Have you ever taken an article of clothing and altered it into something different?

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of "cute-i-fy-ing" an ugly t-shirt! Thanks for sharing at Pin It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to think that's cooler, too! Great idea. Now I'm trying to think how I could change up mine. TALU ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fab job! Now you have a really cute tee - I am going to try the tie-ups right away. Thanks for sharing with Vis Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my days of bleacher sitting...it's hard to be comfortable and look cute at the same time. You nailed it! ~TALU~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job :)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays ...

    http://www.clairejustineoxox.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came off just fine! Clever girl ... I'm not a sports fan, and would resent being told how to dress by ANY jock, even one in my own family. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I think that shirt looks much better than the standard unisex tee with the big baggy sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That came out looking nice! Great job! Always great to have you with us @ My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party!

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is that! I love this idea!!! So much cuter:)
    Thanks for linking up with Fashion Informant!
    Sherry
    thelifeofthepartyblog.com

    ReplyDelete