photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: You Wear It Well

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

You Wear It Well



What I Wore

To my son's high school graduation

Dress - R&M Richards (bought at Elder-Beerman but cannot find it on their website!)
Shoes - Nine West/Wristlet - Nine West/Bracelet - (Thrifted)







As you may know, I don't wear dresses a lot (I haven't even followed through on my "I'll wear a dress at least one time every month." resolution).  However, I had a reason to wear one recently - my son's high school graduation!  So, of course, I needed to find the perfect dress for this exciting occasion.  I spent one lunch hour at the mall, walking in and out of every store that had dresses (except the larger department stores that I knew I'd need more time in).  I took phone camera photos of anything that struck me and moved on to the next store.  Still not convinced that I had found "the" dress, I went back to the mall the next day heading to the first of the stores I hadn't visited the day before.  Well, that ended up being the last store I went into.  I saw this dress and felt it was possible that my search was over.  Have you ever gone into a dressing room, put on an item, stood there looking at yourself in the mirror and wanting to give someone a high five?  That happened when I looked at myself in the mirror with this dress on.  I just felt like the dress had been made for me to find.  Oh, and those shoes and that wristlet?  I knew that I wanted hot pink accessories, and when I walked into Nine West, there they were - just waiting for me!  What was the last thing that you just knew was waiting at the store for you to find?

17 comments:

  1. Love the pop of pink!! You look fabulous!

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions.

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice dress, make you more thin!you looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dress for a graduation. The pattern is so slimming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have been the prettiest mom at graduation, Sara.

    And ... that has never happened to me ... n.e.v.e.r.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great look. I love the touches of pink.

    Congratulations to your son.

    Sarabeth
    Life of an Agnostic Sunday School Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! You are right on the money, here, and I love it on you. It's frustrating to be uncertain about what looks good on us, but when we find something that works like a charm, its a REALLY GOOD THING!
    You look beautiful, and I'm certain your family was very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look! It would make a great pattern for lots of fabric combos! The black side panels are very sexy and slimming:) New follower. Follow back at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/handkerchief-party-bunting.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looooove this combo! Those shoes are gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is great! I love when there's a color blocking sort of thing going on. It's super flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the combo of the black and white dress with the hot pink. RAWR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, LOVE your dress and the pink pop of color :)

    <3 Kali
    Kali Now Living

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely blog!

    im now following you through the friday blog hop. id love it if you could check out my blog sometime? i also own a fashion/beauty blog :)

    rainbowsandbeauty.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress looks great on you, and I love the pink shoes with it.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is a classy dress :) Thank You so much for linking up with the Friday follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is so flattering on you and congrats on your sons graduation!! So exciting! Love how you added the pop of color in the shoes and bracelet. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this dress so much!

    >> came by you trough bloglovin hop, see you soon
    Love, The mind of an exchange

    ReplyDelete