photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Taking a Chance

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Taking a Chance






What I Wore

Top - Lucky Brand (Thrifted)/Jeans - Charlotte Russe/Shoes - WalMart
Necklace - Gifted/Earrings - Gabriel Brothers





Some days I like to put together an "outfit" of things that seem to have been made to be worn together.  Then there are those days where I want to take a chance and try an "opposites attract" approach to my wardrobe.  This outfit was one of the days of opposites.  The top gives a  boho/hippie vibe while the shoes (although hard to see perfectly) are  more  "Chanelesque".   The part that makes this outfit "me" though is that it isn't screaming for you to look at how different the pieces are (sometimes I think the trend of mix-matching is doing that).  At a quick glance, you might not even notice my shoes which is why I like the photo I used.  Do you like to put together "outfits" or do you prefer "opposites attract" when you dress?

10 comments:

  1. Great contrast! xoLili

    www.keatonrow.com/stylist/lalili
    www.satinandscotch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top especially. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really pretty blouse. I'm your "caboose" on the Great Train blog hop, just stopping by to say hi. You have a lovely blog. :)

    Jennifer
    http://thistlebearhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I there! I just stopped by from the blog train! I signed up through blog loving'! Great blog!
    Tara
    http://organizedsahm.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pattern on your top! Thanks for linking up! Stop by for the Favorite Fashion Friday link up tomorrow.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opposites attract is what makes life interesting. The outfit is lovely. I'd love if you'd come and share at Inspire Us Thursday http://organized31.blogspot.com/2013/06/inspire-us-thursday-link-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to go for a bit more styled look--took me ages to pattern mix let alone try to clash lol!

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara I am so enjoying getting your feed and checking out your outits! I like your style! Thanks for linking up to the Verizon Voices Fashionista Style Hop. Hope you will come back again next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete