photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Lipstick Promises

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lipstick Promises






What I Wore

Chambray - Target/Camisole - Target (Suddenly Skinny)
Earrings - Forever 21/Necklace - Forever 21


One of the interesting things about getting my photo taken to post on a blog is how it has changed my getting ready routine.  I am generally a person who waits until the last minute to apply lipstick/lip gloss.  In the past, it wasn't rare for me to put on lipstick as I arrived at my destination.  However, what I have discovered about getting photos taken is that I need to put something on my lips even before I head to the car.  I have had a few uh-oh moments when I have looked at photos, and if you think it is hard to get someone to take photos of you once, try getting them to retake those photos! :)  It was an "ah ha" moment for my everyday life as well, because I realized how much I really need that extra pop of lip color.  The other thing I  learned is that pale lipstick is really like not wearing lipstick at all for me. So, I decided to post the dramatic  difference that wearing bright lipstick makes for me. What was the last "ah ha" moment you had?


21 comments:

  1. If I ever went someplace without my brows on I would die! I must pencil those on even before I eat breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joni - Thanks so much for the comment! Now off to look at "my" brows!

      Delete
  2. I have to admit that blogging caused the exact same epiphany for me. For years I've been more a chap stick girl, but as I've looked at the pictures I've realized that it only takes a little color to make a dramatic improvement. Next stop, mascara and eye liner! (No promises on ever getting to foundation though ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca - So glad I'm not alone in the lipstick department! I also have to use eyeliner, and now that I blog, I think I have been using too little most of the time! First world problems, huh?!

      Delete
  3. btw, love your necklace. That key is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to always wear pale pink lipsticks but now since I started blogging I have bought some deeper shades which suit better for photos! Love your denim shirt... I have put one in that shade on my Spring list. Have a good weekend!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne - The lipstick makers are going to love all of us for the "word of mouth" we are giving them today! :) I'll be watching for your denim top - mine is one of my go to favorites! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. I have very dark lips ... so am okay with no lipstick, at times. And like you, light lipstick doesn't even show on me.

    As always ... you look lovely.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky to have dark lips, Glenda! Thanks for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  6. I only apply lipstick for photos. Otherwise, it's just too much effort. I used to be addicted and couldn't stand my lips being bare. Then I saw the photos too! Funny how a little thing can make such a big difference. :) Love your chambray shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison - It's funny how putting on lipstick seems like it would only take a second and yet it is one of those things that seems like it takes so much extra time!

      Delete
  7. I adore your necklace! The lipstick thing is so true. My mum pretty much tells me off if I turn up at her place without lipstick, especially if she knows I've just been to the shops. Out in public without lipstick - shocking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - Your mum would be shocked at me a lot :) So glad I'm not alone about going out without lipstick though!

      Delete
  8. This is cute and I love the necklace too. Visiting from the Aloha hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and I'm heading over to visit you back!

      Delete
  9. Hi! I'm this week's Mixologist following you from the #MTMMIxer! Hope you'll come on over and follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara, yes, those wallpaper pants are so comfy. Surprisingly comfy too. Although, in my pictures the pants look too tight but they really aren't. LOL Let's see you style yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I’m a new follower of your blog from the Monday Mingle Blog Hop! Would love if you could stop by mine. Thanks :0)

    The Three Whiskateers
    http://thethreewhiskateers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete