photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: With a Little Help From My Friends

Sunday, January 27, 2013

With a Little Help From My Friends



What I Wore

Sweater - Rue 21/Jacket - (Thrifted)/Jeans - Target
Boots - (Thrifted)






I am happy to announce that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Shaina Renae    If you have not visited her blog before, you should certainly stop by and check it out.   If you are not familiar with  The Liebster Award, it is a way for bloggers with less than 200 followers to get a little attention and make new connections.  Thanks, Shaina for the nomination!


The Liebster rules are: 
  • Share 11 Facts about myself
  • Answer 11 Questions from my nominator
  • Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award
  • Create 11 questions for nominees to answer

Facts About Me


 1 - When I was in grade school, I always ate my dessert first at lunch.

 2 - I graduated from college with a teaching certificate for secondary education in English.

 3 - I am the youngest child in my family.

 4 - I didn't learn to swim until the summer I turned 18.

 5 - I drive 6 hours for my annual doctor visit every year.

 6 - I am two years older (to the day) than my husband.

 7 - I went to grade school in one town, junior high in a second town and high school in a third town.

 8 - I'm a preacher's kid.

 9 - I had a pen pal when I was young and we would write 40 page letters back and forth.

10 - I home schooled both of my boys.

11 - I went to Disney World on my honeymoon.


Questions From My Nominator

 1 - What would be your dream vacation? Visiting England for a month by traveling all over, followed by a month in Italy.

 2 - What was your favorite moment in 2012? When my oldest son took my youngest son to the Cowboys vs. Bengals game (he could have taken anyone and he asked his brother to go).

 3 - Favorite Song?  "Let It Be" - Beatles

 4 - What's your favorite thing about blogging? Meeting new people and feeling like it's a friend talking to me every time I read a comment.

 5 - What's your favorite show (currently airing)?  The New Normal

 6 - Dog or cat person? Dog

 7 - How many siblings (if any) do you have? Five

 8 - How would you describe your personal style (fashion-wise)? Evolving and comfortable.

 9 - What are you currently reading? Graceling by Kristin Cashore

10 - If you would describe your blog in one word, what would it be? Chatty (I want it to feel like having a conversation with a friend).

11 - What is your dream job? Working in HR at Disney.

My Nominations

 1 - Sice Family











The Eleven Questions For My Nominees To Answer

 1 - What is your favorite movie of all time?

 2 - Do you watch sports, play sports or are you not really interested in sports?

 3 - Who is the one famous living person you would love to have dinner with?

 4 - Where would you spend your next birthday if you could go anywhere you wanted?

 5 - What boy band was your favorite as a teenager?

 6 - Favorite Jane Austen novel?

 7 - Shopping at Thrift Stores - yea or nay?

 8 - Would you rather bake a dessert or make a meal?

 9 - What is your favorite scent of candle?

10 - What is your birth order rank? (Oldest/Middle/Youngest)

11 - Do you prefer watching sitcoms, dramas or reality TV?

I can't wait to read all of my nominees answers, and see who you nominate in return!  For those of you reading who aren't one of my 11 nominees (probably because you already have a zillion followers!), I would love to have you answer the questions I came up with in the comments below so I can get to know you better too!

19 comments:

  1. wow !1 love the jacket, new follower on blogloving
    www.no1food.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award! Always eat dessert first : > Fab boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Thank you so much for the nomination :) I'm starting to work on my answers now. Yours are so clever!!!

    thank you again :)

    Happy Sunday!

    Redheaded Daybook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacket rocks! Loving the purple as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading your answers and thanks so much for nominating me! I most likely won't participate but I do appreciate the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so much fun learning more about you. It's cool that you and your hubby share a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple!! Congrats!! What fun questions...I will answer a few... just because I must limit my blog hopping time or I could spend a whole day hopping from place to place.
    1. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (the original - not the creepy Johnny Depp one)
    2. Love watching my boys play sports! Come on Baseball!! I am over basketball..lol~
    7. Thrift stores... yay.. if I had the time..too busy with sports HA!
    8. A dessert... sounds good right now
    9. Cinnamon/Apple
    10. I am the oldest of 4. 3 younger brothers
    Have a great week!



    ReplyDelete
  8. All your purples! I am totally loving those boots. Purple boots!

    You look terrific.

    I followed you hear from visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so good in purple. It really makes your eyes stand out and you have such pretty eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the purple and congrats on the award, those questions are fun ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE purple boots! (:
    love your style.
    congratulations on your award!!

    -alynne
    www.designedtoloveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, that is great! This is my first time at the meet up and I am glad to meet you, I love fashion as well, purple has become one of my favorite colors. My blog is about healthy living, find me at http://fitandbeyond40.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fit-And-Beyond-40/514406535245118?ref=hl

    Stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, as always. You sure do understand what works for your coloring, shape and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for nomination, I really appreciate the mention. Now enough about me...You look lovely in purple my dear. Makes your eyes sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sara! Thank you so much for the nomination. These are great questions! I will post my responses soon and let you know. Now you've got me thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the outfit. I think purple is one of my favorite colors! I found your site from the Shoe Nation blog hop!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! New bloglovin follower from GS blog hop. Hope you pay my blog a visit and follow back.

    www.beaubijoustylefile.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete