photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Who Are You

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Who Are You



What I Wore

Cardigan - (Thrifted)/Tank - (Thrifted)/Jeans - NY & CO
Boots - KMart/Watch - MK


When I think about how my personal style has changed over the years, I look at it as a series of peaks and valleys. There are some really low spots (for instance that baby blue prom dress my Junior year in high school) but, there are also some very high spots (my wedding dress)!  Now, of course, not all of the highs and lows revolve around special occasion dresses, because there are also some very ordinary every day outfits that stand out in my mind too.  I remember a great pair of teal pants I had when I was 17 (I wish that I still had them... and that I could still fit in them!) and I remember the crazy track suits I wore in the mid 90's (for those of you too young to remember, there really was something that was considered a "dressy" track suit...and I had more than one).  At my age I'd like to think I have finally gotten the whole "what to wear" dilemma figured out, but have to admit that I am still a work in progress.  Are you still adapting your style to find the perfect one for you, or do you feel that your style reflects your personality perfectly right now?  

16 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like a long cozy cardigan. I feel like my style has evolved a lot over the past six months. It is truly a reflection of who I am right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower from the Followers to Friends Link up! Love your blog.. if you have time, check out mine at kjaggers.com and if you like what you see.. follow back! Happy New Year! K Jaggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting how certain clothing items can bring back great memories. Some are very powerful.
    I love your cozy sweater here and the gorgeous brown boots. Love the leather color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cardigan makes me wana go home and snuggle up and have a hot chocolate :) you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely, Sara. Oh my ... some of the "fashion" of my past is frightening. My girls have such great fashion sense ... it is a miracle. :)

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog hopping - great outfit, thinking that everything old is new again - too bad they don't fit me anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah I'm changing all the time still - some times I hit and sometimes I still miss. Definitely a work in progress. Love the pattern under the cardi. Thanks for being a Wardrobe Weds player this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sweater! My daughter just handed me down a pretty white one with a big collar that I can't wait to wear, but I'm trying to lose a few pounds first.
    A few years ago I may have been drawn to a more bohemian vibe, but now I'm finding myself really liking a preppy casual or classic look. But I fluctuate a little with mood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sweater, and boots. I have yet to buy boots for the cold weather but it's hardly cold here in Texas anyway. I hope I can be as stylish as you are when I get older!

    Thanks for linking up this week for the Followers to Friends Blog Party!

    Sherry @ I AM PISCES
    Followers to Friends Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara!
    Thanks for linking up! Can you just add the Look What I Got button or a text link back to me or Sharon? We want to spread the word! Thanks! Love the long cardi.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter to Win Ad Space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara -
      I do have a button on my blog page. Thanks for hosting the linkup!

      Delete
  11. LOL I had a light blue prom dress as well. I couldn't deal with pink, and that was about my only other alternative. After my mom passed, I found the pictures. I still don't know what I was thinking.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY Gosh! I remember those silk windsuits from the 90s. ;) In fact I have two pair of black silk pants from those things that I still wear. ;) (They do not have elasticized ankles.)
    I love that cardi! So cute and long and cozy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how your white cardi makes the printed top stand out! I'm your newest follower :) I'd love for you to follow my blog too. xo

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still not sure what my style is! I'm glad there aren't many pictures of me in my baggy cords and flannel phase though :)

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like my personal style to be evolving Sara.....not only with the times but also with my age....hahaha!!!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete