photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: Get Preppy

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Get Preppy



What I Wore

Sweater - Banana Republic/Jeans - NY & Co/Jacket - Forever 21
Shoes - Thrifted/Watch  - MK/Necklace - Gift



Cliches such as "What goes around, comes around." and "Everything old is new again." seem to fit well with some of the things that are popping up everywhere I look.  I don't know if any of you have been watching "The Carrie Diaries", but I have been enjoying the show, as well as the music and the fashion from 1984.  Add to that show a new "Dallas", a resurgence in the popularity of neon colors and even a blockbuster movie about the Iranian hostage crisis, and it seems like the children of the 80's (who are now business leaders) are attempting to bring back their youth.  A couple of weeks ago I posted an outfit that I was tickled had a comment about it being 80'ish (in a good way).  So, when I put on this argyle sweater, I had another  flashback to my youth, when preppy fashion was all the rage.  I like that in 2013 we can change our look from day to day, going from a 1980's look one day, to a 1960's look the next and then to something that is definitely fresh 2013.  Is there an era of clothing that you particularly like to replicate, or is there one that you wouldn't wear on a bet?

11 comments:

  1. love that green top - I love the 50s and early 60s mainly for the shapes they seem to work best on me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that argyle sweater to be in MY closet! You preppy girl... will you share??? :-)

    Make it a wonderful Wednesday! xoxo jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little trench, argyle and oxfords. Thanks so much for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the overall look...I think the shoes are my favorite individual piece. There are a ton of things I could think of to wear with them.

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute sweater! I have that same trench! I love it. :)

    Found your blog via Shanna Said So! :)

    xo – Sheila
    Enter to win $25 Giftcard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! In this modern world, we should wear what we feel like wearing! And great outfit, by the way!

    Stopping by from FTF hop and a new follower of yours! Come by and follow me back sometime! http://thedoilyduck.blogspot.com

    xo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a Banana girl - I love that argyle sweater! And the 80's totally rocked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely mac, unusual as they are usually long, this length looks good on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad I'm not the only one watching "The Carrie Diaries" :)

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sara, this trench coat looks super chic on you, so much your style :-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete