photo icon1_zpseff71810.png 365 Days With Sara Style: The Sound of Music

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Sound of Music





What I Wore

Sweater - (Thrifted)/Camisole - (Thrifted) /Jeans - Forever 21
Shoes - KMart/Necklace - Forever 21/





Every since the Grammy Awards a few days ago, I have been thinking a lot about music.  When I was really young, I had older brothers and sisters who had records that I loved listening to, I went to church where we sang hymns, I even went to a radio station with my dad when he would record religious messages, and I would happily sit, listening to everything the DJ played.  Then, as I got older, I was a member of the school choir and band, played clarinet and took piano lessons. Now, I love all types of music, from the Beatles to Nirvana, from Adele to Elvis and from AC/DC to  Aretha Franklin.   I will absolutely sing my heart out driving down the interstate on my way to work, but I would be slow to sing in a public place where I could be heard.  I am not talented musically, but as far back as I can remember, I wish I possessed more musical ability.   I think that one of the reasons musical reality shows are popular is because so many people would love to have the ability to sing, and they are living vicariously through those everyday, ordinary people who are discovered live on television.  What about you, are you one with musical talent, do you wish you did have that gift, or are you not really a music person?

5 comments:

  1. I love music....was in my high school choir, church & love all types of music. My iPod has quite the mix & I still purchase CD's when I can find them. I also enjoy movie scores! I like your flats.

    Denise
    http://silhouettedefemme.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I have any talent for singing or playing instruments, but that doesn't stop me from belting out the tunes at home.

    Sara, I have finally answered my Liebster questions! Sorry it took so long. Please come over for a quick look!

    I am happy to be following along with your blog.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played piano as a child and love music in general! Two of my children play instruments and the youngest loves her dance class:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara! Once again, cute little outfit. Love that necklace, it's perfect! I'm an OK singer. I've been in choir all my life, traveling and otherwise and want my girls to do the same; I have such great memories of singing with all those people! xoxo jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sang in the school choir and played piano when I was a kid, but my musical talent is rather limited now (I definitely can't sing anymore!!) This does not stop me from singing along to the radio in the car though :) I like the way you have combined red and pink in this outfit - I've seen that done in Vogue magazine recently and I think it looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete